Sunday, January 14, 2018

In the Hoop

42 Cent Forever Stamps is in the hoop.   I am just stitching straight (well, not that straight since I'm not marking) vertical lines in pink perle #8.  Of course I could do the same thing on my DSM and have it all done in a flash but I don't really like machine quilting on my DSM but I do love hand stitching in the evenings for a few minutes before bed. 


And in case you are wondering about the Glitter quilt that was in the hoop last week...I have all the hand quilting I'm going to do completed and am waiting for a long needle so I can blind tie/international stitch on it to finish it off.  I didn't want to order a long needle for fear I'd order a bunch of fabric with it that I really shouldn't and I haven't gone out of the house to a store or anywhere else for weeks because I don't like to go out in the cold unless there's a very good reason.   So Glitter will have to wait for now. 

12 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your reasoning sounds very familiar - ha ha
LOVE this quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love the photo of your hand quilting! Enjoy!

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Beautiful shot of your hand quilting :)

SandraC said...

Isn't it fun just quilting freehand with out any marking....I enjoy it!

Deb said...

Love the pink thread makes your stitches pop. Great photo too.

Quilting Babcia said...

Freehand is my favorite kind of handquilting too. And I'm with you, I don't go out in this weather any more than I absolutely have to.

Julierose said...

This will be so beautiful--you are amazing how you make and finish so many quilts in such a short period of time...hugs, Julierose

gayle said...

Yeah, I don't like to go out in the cold if I don't have to, either. (Too many years in Vermont, going out in too much cold!) I'm looking forward to your Glitter finish, though!
Good thing you had another project to work on, right? How lucky is that? ;)

---"Love" said...

I'm another who hates going out in the cold! Bur I do love that quilt, and your stitching looks very pleasing to me! ---"Love"

Linda said...

I love hand quilting with Perle too. Well done for being strong and waiting for an opportunity to go to the shop for a long needle - hope you manage not to be tempted into buying fabric when you're there!

Ellen said...

Your quilt looks so pretty in the hoop!

audrey said...

Less marking, more relaxing!:)